Improving our health with the power of plants




Hi, friends!  I wanted to share with you today a little about our family's health journey over the last few months.

Back in December I decided to begin using Young Living essential oils and products on a daily/regular basis.  I ordered a starter kit with a really good spread of things to start with, worked on becoming educated about it all, and committed to the journey.  While I desired an overall healthier way of life for our family, I had also had some specific issues in mind I wanted help with.

You guys, I am astounded at what essential oils have done and are continuing to do for us...



A chronic health issue I've struggled with for over twenty years now is Irritable Bowel Syndrome.  I've been to doctors, tried more medications than I can count, and nothing has helped.  I had accepted it as just a way of life for me.  Enter essential oils.  I made a roller bottle consisting of a few oils from the starter kit and began applying it to my stomach every morning and evening.  Within DAYS I began noticing a difference, and eventually my IBS flare-ups became essentially non-existent.  While I would have episodes almost daily before, now I have maybe one or two a month, usually connected to my cycles.  Guys, I can bake and eat Magnolia Table's brownie pie again without my stomach becoming irritated!  Not that being able to eat pie is the goal, but now and then when I'd like to indulge, it's nice having the OPTION!  In addition to the roller, I sometimes ingest a drop of peppermint (one of the best oils for the belly or pain) if I feel I need an extra boost or want to get ahead of a potential flare-up.  I love knowing I'm putting pure plant oils into my body!  It's incredible.

I also began using oils for calming and sleep for my girls.  They have been especially helpful for my oldest, Allie, for calming from meltdowns and winding down for bed.  And we use Thieves (the immunity blend) on all of us daily.  It was the healthiest winter my girls have had.  Typically Allie is sick multiple times through the winter, and her system doesn't handle respiratory infections well.  But this winter was great.  She had a couple mild runny noses and that was it.  

I'll share a post soon about all the oils I use daily and more benefits I've seen, because this is just the tip of the iceberg.  We are only a few months into this journey and it's just the beginning.  I am so thankful I made this decision for my family!

Fore more about YL and getting started, visit this page.

Have a happy, healthy day, friends!



Comments

Popular Posts