home



I've been wanting to share more about our new home, and what better time than from the beautiful snow we had last week.  Our Kentucky winter has been pretty mild and we were beginning to wonder if we would ever get a good snow before spring.  And last Friday we woke to absolute beauty outside!  The girls were so excited.  Allie couldn't get out there fast enough.


These trees are in our back yard, and before we even moved I said to Luke, "Honey, think about how beautiful those trees are gonna look covered in snow."  We finally got to see it, and it was indeed something special to behold.  



We are so thankful for this home and our neighborhood.  We went from living on a busy highway for nine years to now living in the back of a quiet subdivision where our kids can ride scooters and bikes up and down the street... the stuff dreams are made of!  As far as the interior of the house goes, we still have lots to do, but nothing that has to be done right away.  It will be an ongoing project for probably the next couple years.  Hopefully I can share more as we progress.  It's in good condition, but most everything is original from it being built in 2005, so things like the light fixtures are... interesting.  Ha!  So overtime we plan to replace and redo a few things.  We also want to do a lot in our back yard and make it a great place to hang out for everyone, so we have a few dreams and ideas brewing as we approach spring.

In the meantime we have gotten into a groove of work and activities and we're having a blast.  We have gotten involved in a great church, the girls are loving gymnastics, and my teaching schedule is almost full.  The girls get some Grandmama time each week, too, which makes them very happy.





In the couple weeks or so leading up to when we moved, an old song that my Dad wrote was constantly on my mind.  When my brother and I were in college, he made up a little ditty with us in mind, sort of a "coming home" song for each time we came back to visit.  I wish you could hear the melody, too, but here are the lyrics:

I'm going home to Lincoln County
I'm going home to the land I love
I'm going home to Lincoln County
There's no better place but heaven above

Here we are, back in my hometown, not far from the farm where I grew up.  And I'm seeing it all with fresh eyes and a grateful heart.  I'm reminded of one of my favorite Donald Miller quotes:

"Everybody has to leave, everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons." - Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts

It's good to be back.

Comments

Popular Posts