corona days




Man, what a time we are in.  I'm guessing the majority of us never thought we'd see a day like these.  Quarantined at home and disconnected from life and people elsewhere.  Making masks out of bandanas and rubber bands so we can run into the store hoping to find a last pack of toilet paper.  I remember seeing the first reports of the corona virus in China on the Today Show back in December and thinking, "That's terrible," and then not really giving it much of a second thought.  And only three months later, here we are in the very real midst of a pandemic and I'm worried about my own grandparents contracting this horrid virus.  

I've been struggling more lately with being confined to home.  While I'm a homebody in my core, we have a two and four year old, and not being able to get out of the house with them is HARD.  If you're in that season with me I'm sure you totally feel me.  We went from routines of church, gymnastics, library, errands, and regular trips to my mom and dad's to now none of that.  I know I'm in the same club as millions of you, trying to live each day intentionally investing in my kids and helping them grow and develop as kind and educated humans while also sustaining any threads of sanity we have left.  Remember to take care of yourself.  I have recently started structuring our days with a schedule, mainly for my four-year old who likes to know exactly what's happening next, but also for me, so that I can know where my windows are in the day to exercise, take showers, or even watch a show of my choosing.  In the meantime, warm, nice days outside are like treasures.  Oh, how we love them!



I think a lot about what I hope this season looks like when we look back.  I hope my kids see it as lots of extra special family time.  A time where things were simpler and not so busy or hectic.  My daily intention is that even in the midst of difficulty I choose to cherish this time at home.  I know one day I'll long for these days.



Let's keep praying for our world.




Comments

Popular Posts