My favorites for baby



Our Jovie girl recently turned six months old, and I was just thinking the other day about some of the baby things that have come in so handy for us, and thought I'd share in case it was helpful for any new moms-to-be out there...

1. Bedside Dimmable Touch Tap Light  - This little light has been an absolute godsend for middle of the night feedings!  I wanted something that would create very minimal light so as not to disturb Luke and also to maintain a "sleepy" atmosphere for Jovie, but at the same time bright enough to see to change a diaper if needed.  This is so perfect.  I keep it by the rocking chair in our bedroom, which is right next to her bed, and I love that all you have to do is tap it to turn it on or off.  And I really like that you can adjust the brightness by simply holding down your touch.  You do have to charge it, but I found that I've only had to charge it maybe three times in the last six months!  And last thing, I love that it's so small and easy to move around or travel with if needed.  Oh, and Jovie is now sleeping through the night as of this week, so, I'm not using it much these days.  Can I get a hallelujah?!

2. Love To Dream Swaddle  - I can't remember when exactly Jovie moved into these, but I'm thinking it was after her first couple months of being completely swaddled.  Like many babies, she loves having her hands up near her face, so these are great for allowing that, but still restraining the hands so that they can't scratch themselves or wake themselves up, etc.  She was in the small size for a little while, then the medium, and went to sleeping freely at around five months.

3. Washable Organic Nursing Pads - These have been really great.  They feel comfortable and I like that I can throw them in the wash.  I like the little bag they come with, which is great for throwing in your purse.  I suppose this is more an item for me than it is for baby, but oh well...

4. Pacifier Clips - I just love the designs and colors on these (for a girl), and love that they come with a little case!

5. Babyganics Sunscreen Spray SPF 50 - I was sooo nervous the first time Jovie was in the sun for a significant time.  She is definitely her father's daughter when it comes to her complexion!  The other day we were at a splash park for nearly two hours and there wasn't much shade at all, and she was not one bit red afterward, thanks to this sunscreen!  It also does not irritate her skin in any way.

6. Bandana Bibs  - There are lots of bandana bib options out there, but I love how soft these are and ADORE the prints on them!!  Jovie gets so many compliments on her bibs, lol.  

7. Boon Soak 3-stage Bathtub - I highly recommend getting a little tub specifically designed for Baby.  For Allie we used a hand-me-down mesh bath seat, which was fine for her sitting in, but it didn't retain water, so the poor girl was probably cold all the time.  Jovie has loved her baths in this baby tub since day one and after I wash her I often just let her sit and splash for a while or pour water on her belly while she watches intently.  I like that it keeps working for them as they grow, too.

8. Carter's Sleepers - Carter's zip-up footed sleepers are simply my fav.  Personally I prefer zippers as opposed to snaps, because who wants to find a bunch of snaps in the middle of the night, lol.

9. Coconut Oil - This was great for combing away Jovie's (and Allie's) cradle cap, and I have also used it on their skin for dry patches.  I love that it works and it's gentle.  I know everyone says use olive oil for cradle cap, but it's just so greasy and coconut oil works just as well!  

10. Play Mat - Our play mat has registered hours upon hours of fun for both our girls AND my brother's kids, too, as they handed it down to us.  It is truly one of the best items you can have for the non-mobile baby months!  Jovie spends time on it daily and never seems to tire of it.


I can't believe my baby is six months old, and my bigger not-so-baby is almost three!! (Insert pouring tears here.)  I enjoy the baby months immensely.  I miss the newborn stage, but I love the stage Jovie is in and look forward to more fun times and milestones!  Hold them as much as you can, Mamas!




*I receive a small commission on sales as an Amazon affiliate, but I have used all these products for months and all opinions are my own, as always...

Comments

Popular Posts