Happy Mother's Day



Gosh, where do I start?  I am overwhelmed with emotion as I reflect on having the beautiful honor of being Mama to these two.

Like many women, there was (what I felt like) a lonnng period of waiting and hoping for children.  Due to life circumstances, job losses, new jobs, and moving around a lot in our first few years of marriage, we waited a while.  And then when we felt "ready," it wasn't that simple.  It was a hard wait.  A soul-clenching, faith-building, heart-refining wait.  And now that we have our daughters, I know I would have waited even longer for them.


My Allie girl.  You are such a delight every day.  I love hearing you sing and make up songs.  I love how being outside in God's creation brings out the best in you.  I love that you wanted to wear matching dresses with your sister for this photo shoot.  I love that you ask to hold her and you gently pat and tickle her.  I absolutely love making you laugh!  I love telling you stories at night and singing Over the Rainbow with you before you go to sleep.  I love that you often know when you should say sorry.  I love watching the magic when you twirl and jump and run.  You make me feel special and loved and like the luckiest mom in the world.



My Jovie girl.  What a beautiful gift you have been to our family.  There is nothing I love more than watching your eyes and smile light up.  Your happiness even at this mere age is so powerful.  It has the power to take grumpiness away from everyone else in the room, the power to remind us how good life is, and the power to make every moment a thousand times sweeter.  I already love your personality.  I love your joy.  I love how you show excitement with every ounce of your little body.  How you smile big and flap your arms and legs if I so much as look your way.  Without even saying a word, you make me feel special and loved, too.


And to both of my girls, I want you to know I'm really trying.  I'm so imperfect and I make a mound of mistakes, but I am still a better person because of you.  I want everything Jesus is in me to shine through so that you clearly see who He is and want Him for yourself.

You are both so lovely in every way.  I am praying you'll be best friends and will lean on and help each other your whole lives.  You were so intentionally and intricately brought together by God to be sisters, there is no question.




Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there!  Below is a film my husband created not only of our girls and me, but of some shots of families in our community as well, from a recent project he did honoring other mothers (because he's amazing like that).  Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts