these are the days



Allie, age 2, and Jovie, 11 weeks

Those sweet girls.  I can't tell you how beautiful the last couple months have been in our home.  What a sweet time in our lives... I feel very aware that these are the days I'll wish to come back to, so I'm trying to soak in every moment, as cliche as it sounds.  This is a season I've remembered looking forward to for so long; the season of being a mom to tiny ones, watching them grow, and pouring my energy into them.  I feel more present in this current season than perhaps any I've experienced yet.  Which brings me to a Woodward family update...


I am officially now a stay-at-home mom!!!

In November of last year I stepped down from my position as worship leader at our church, but continued teaching school until Christmas break and Jovie's arrival.  I then went on leave, and I can now officially say that I will not be returning to teaching.

Before I go any further, I have to give major props to my husband.  Luke has worked so hard for our family to make this a reality.  Roughly five years ago he started his own craft and business of creating wedding films, along with other miscellaneous films for churches and businesses.  He started and developed it while working multiple other jobs, with the dream that perhaps one day it could be his full-time career.  It has been nothing short of a delight for me to watch him in this journey.  He took it upon himself to grow better and better at what he does and to offer people the best possible experience as he serves them in his business.  Not only does he create amazing films, but he is hands down the best person to work with.  It's not about making a video to him, it's about investing in marriages.  For those and many other reasons, his clientele have spread like wildfire and he is one of the most sought-after videographers in our region.  I am so incredibly proud of him and his work and we are both grateful for God's favor in this endeavor.  And his business is now full-time.

While most of my energy will go to our kids, I'm also going to gradually begin working with Luke and helping him in the business, mostly on the administrative side at first.  This was part of our dream, too - for this to become a family business.  To see these dreams unfolding has been awesome.  We are kind of in a dreamy haze of wow, this is really happening, and at the same time feeling the sharp reality of okay, this is it... We can't screw this up.

Luke, myself, and Wade (one of our videographers) at the Kentucky Castle's Bridal Marketplace representing LW Films.



So this is it.  The precious season of raising our little people, focusing a great deal of time on our family, and growing a business we love.

I thank God for this life, my husband, our beautiful girls, and that He hears the desires of our hearts.


Comments

Popular Posts