my simplified beauty routine



In this new season of being at home with my littles, I knew I was ready for a simplified, quicker beauty routine.  Some days I don't wear makeup at all, but I try to do a fresh, basic look when I can if nothing else so that I feel less groggy and ready in case I do end up going somewhere.  I find I'm more productive when I feel fresh and put together, too.  This was also the routine I did in the hospital after having Jovie.  It takes me less than ten minutes.

I have actually experienced my healthiest skin in years during pregnancy and since giving birth.  It has been more balanced (not as oily) with very few breakouts.  Combined with the now frigid weather, it actually can sometimes be on the drier side (something I haven't been able to say ever in my life!).  Towards the end of my pregnancy I invested in a hydrating powder foundation and it is now one of my favorite products ever.  I liked the idea of a powder foundation so that it would be quick and I wouldn't have to mess with a liquid.  But it's rare to find one that's hydrating and luminous and doesn't have a powdery look.  The Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation is the bomb.


I spend the most time on my complexion/base and keep everything else extremely minimal.  I feel like if my skin looks nice I can keep my eyes/lips simple.  After applying moisturizer, I apply a little concealer first, under my eyes and on any red spots.  Then I apply the Stila powder foundation all over with the provided sponge.  Then I apply just a tiny bit of my Mary Kay translucent powder on my T-zone with a big fluffy brush.  It is a beautiful glowy powder that helps control oil.  While some of my skin is dry, my T-zone can still get a little shiny, so I find that this helps control that and balance my skin out.  After that I apply bronzer on all the high points of my face for a sun-kissed glow (I use bronzer every single day no matter what because it helps me feel fresh and not so ghostly!)  I also use this brow pencil to fill in some gaps in my brows.  To finish off I apply a little mascara and whatever lip balm I have lying around.

As far as hair goes, I wash it about every three days, let it air dry, and use dry shampoo between washes.  I'm glad my hair is long now because honestly, long hair is easier for me to manage.

I always like seeing what other busy moms use in their beauty routines.  I enjoyed sharing mine with you!


Comments

Popular Posts