My first child


Dear Allie,

My sweet girl, my first child...  Soon you will have a new baby sister.  Life will change as we know it.  And before it does, I want to seize this moment and tell you what an absolute treasure you are to your daddy and me. 

There aren’t even words to describe the depth of love we have for you.  There aren’t words to describe the joy you bring to our lives every day.  And you’re going to make the BEST big sister, I just know it. 

There is so much I cherish about you right now.  I love that sometimes you pray in your bed at night even after Daddy and I have left the room.  I love that you wake up in the morning singing Jingle Bells and your ABC’s.  I love that you still like to snuggle with me and sit in my lap even while my belly is so big.  I love that you love singing Happy Birthday to people even when it’s not their birthdays.  I love that you ask me to hold your hand at night while I lie with you in your bed and sometimes you play with my hair.  I love how beautiful you make me feel… The other morning I rolled out of bed and walked into your room to get you and the first thing out of your mouth was, “You so pretty, Mommy.” 

You are beautiful, my love.  Beautiful inside and out.  You are so sweet and loving.  You are thoughtful and smart and so funny.  I believe God has been preparing your heart to be a big sister, and I can’t wait to see how wonderful you’ll be.  Don't forget that you were my first love, my first little bundle to open my eyes to a whole new world.  You were my first to make every day sweeter, more beautiful, and full of wonder.  You were my first baby, and I will forever hold the last two years so closely in my heart.

With all my love,

Mommy




Comments

Popular Posts