ten years with my love


August 11, 2007

Oh, how I chuckle when I look at pictures from our wedding day.  So young, so naive.  Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful day of happiness and love.  But we really didn't have a clue about deep love or heartache or what all we would walk through over the next decade.

Here's what we do have a clue about...

The providence of God.

Providence is defined as:  the foreseeing care and guidance of God or nature over the creatures of the earth; a manifestation of divine care or direction; foresight.  Luke and I look back over the years and see how God held us together in times we weren't trying to ourselves.  We see how He gave us hope in times of sorrow and uncertainty.  We see how He didn't give us some of the things we prayed for, only to find His things were better.  We see gifts of seasons of immense joy, like the season we have just lived and the one we are living now.  This is the beautiful providence of God...

In ten years we've walked through job losses, living in 3 different cities, being broke, loss of family members, loss of friendships, tireless work in ministry, starting and running businesses, fertility struggles, adoption, and now pregnancy.

And tonight as I sit on the couch with my hand on my belly feeling my unborn daughter kicking and watching our oldest daughter giggling at her daddy while they play, I know one thing for sure; I am thankful God foresees.  I am thankful we choose to trust Him in our weakest moments.  I'm thankful we trudged through shameful, muddy terrain to find fountains of replenishing water on the other side. 


June 2017...










Yep, we got back into our wedding garb this summer and frolicked around a vineyard and had an absolutely blast.  I'd highly recommend it.






 







 

   










     





 



And we've only just begun.

Thanks for choosing to love me every day, again and again, Babe.
Here's to the next many decades together.


And thanks to Gypsy Ed Photography for these beautiful shots.

Comments

Popular Posts