an east coast trip to celebrate TEN YEARS!



It's hard to get back to normal life after a dreamy trip with the hubs celebrating a decade of marriage (WHAAAT?!).  We are grateful.  Last week we traveled to beautiful Tybee Island and Savannah, Georgia and spent seven days in bliss, sunshine, salty air, and a little rain, too.  Over a year ago Luke had planned a surprise trip for me for this summer to the Bahamas, but when we found out we were pregnant and our doctor was very adamant about not traveling to South Florida or below due to the Zika virus, we had to cancel and come up with another plan.  Tybee and Savannah did not disappoint.  We'd go back in a heartbeat!

Can't take this guy anywhere without his drone!



We stayed in a house via AirBNB between the island and Savannah.  It was a perfect location for home base because almost every day we ended up going to both places.


We loved the house!  We had a nice big private room and bathroom (with a double shower :)) to ourselves and the owners provided us with fresh muffins and coffee every day.  They couldn't have been more friendly or helpful on our trip.




Sights from Savannah...

Foxy Loxy Cafe

Lulu's Chocolate Bar


One day was pretty rainy so we spent that whole day touring Savannah, shopping, and eating at wonderful places.  We really enjoyed riding a trolley and hearing all the history behind the beautiful homes and buildings of downtown.  Luke and I agreed we could totally live there...








Leopold's Ice Cream... Truly de-lish.  If you're ever in Savannah you've got to go!



Dinner at Treylor Park

Goose Feather's Cafe - fantastic breakfast/brunch place!!

Dinner at the Public Kitchen... Super cool vibes.




Our splurge/fancy dinner was at the Olde Pink House.  The food was immaculate and we had never experienced such amazing service!  We were seated upstairs in a beautiful, chandelier-adorned ballroom next to a window.  There were about three different people who waited on us and helped us or offered us different things.  I felt like a queen!  Also, they got one tiny thing wrong on my order, and when Luke got the check he realized they didn't even charge us for my meal.  I'm telling you, this place will treat you well!




And a little more beach...

16 weeks pregnant

I asked my mom and a few others to pray I'd feel well on this trip... While my overall nausea had been somewhat better lately, I'd been having headaches almost every day and truly didn't feel like doing much of anything.  I wanted desperately to feel great while we were gone so that I could enjoy this time and not be a grump for my husband.  My prayer warriors prayed hard and for probably 90% of the trip I felt wonderful!  So very thankful for that!


We spent most of our beach time either boogie boarding or just sitting and relaxing.  Baby makes me get tired a little faster, so I did not have quite the stamina in the waves that I normally do.


This was our first time to be away from Allie for a whole week.  On about day 2 I was already desperately missing her.  I read the other day that in French, you don't really say, "I miss you;" you say, "Tu me manques," which means, 'You are missing from me.'  That's exactly how I felt - like a part of me was missing.  But I have to say, it was lovely to have so much alone time with my husband and celebrate the incredible journey of our love and what God has done... how He has helped us love each other harder in our worst times and love each other more passionately in our best times... And the precious gifts He has given us - the gift of Allie, the gift of a soon new baby, and so much more.  Thanking God today for this life and for the little piece of paradise we left behind in Georgia.










Comments

Popular Posts