Amazon Levi's and a good 'ole pair of shoes


"Here, Mommy.  Have a sandwich."





This outfit is made up of some of my most favorite pieces in my closet right now, and all of it was really affordable (icing on the cake).  First let's talk about those jeans.  Ahhh those jeans.  So, up until a few months ago I had never tried on a pair of Levi's because any time I've seen them in department stores they are $50-$60.  Nope.  I finally decided to try some on one day to figure out my size and then did some searching online.  Turns out I can get the styles I like on Amazon for $30-$35, and there are styles even cheaper than that.  (I also recently noticed online that JC Penney has some good deals on them.)  So, I give you, my Amazon jeans.  I have two pairs of high waisted skinnies, and I go a size up when ordering so that they fit a bit looser.  I HATE shopping for jeans, so discovering this was like YASSSSSS!!!!  And I get why people love 'em.  They are so comfy, I can wear them a few times before washing them and they don't stretch out or start to look funky, they didn't shrink in the dryer, and they seem like they're going to last awhile.


The shoes were the closest thing to a splurge but still not bad since I scored them on Black Friday back in 2014.  I believe in investing in a good quality pair of shoes that will last a long time.  These are real leather and get more comfortable every time I wear them.  And despite that my students call them "bowling shoes," I love them and wear them with everything.



When we were in NYC before Christmas, we had a little down time in Times Square between dinner and Aladdin, so we wandered into the H&M.  I got this adorable blouse for $10!!!  I love the ruffle detailing and the slightly bell sleeves.  I have it in black with white polka dots, too.  The hat is an old H&M hat.

If you're like my husband and thought I was yawning here (thanks for ruining it for me hon), well, I was actually laughing at the wonderful and hilarious Emily from Gypsy Ed.  No telling what she was saying, but gosh I love hanging out with that lady!  Thanks for all the good times in our shoots, Em, and I can't wait for more!


Allie's outfit:
top, pants - Carter's
shoes - Amazon

My outfit:
top, hat - H&M
jeans - Levi's (Amazon)
shoes - Aldo

Photography: Gypsy Ed



Comments

Popular Posts