donuts



So this was my view for the last couple days.  Miss Allie has one, maybe two teeth creeping in on the bottom gum, so enter the fussy-and-I-only-want-to-be-in-your-lap phase.  

I honestly don't mind the clingy-ness much.  I mean goodness, I waited a long time for this girl, and man, she is special!  But... I'm also human.  And well, I was in some kind of funk yesterday.  Nothing to do with her.  I think I felt sort of overwhelmed and unproductive before the day even began.  And maybe it was just purely hormonal.  But I know if you're a woman and you're reading this, you know exactly what kind of feeling I'm talking about.  That combined with my fussy baby girl, let's just say that I was a little too happy to jet off to worship team practice last night, and then on to Wal Mart for groceries after.  

Have you ever been to Wal Mart at 9 p.m. in a small town after a long day?  It's actually quite peaceful and rejuvenating.  It's you and eight other people, mostly young lovers trying to extend their date night.  And you can just take your dang time knowing that the hubby is at home with the little one who is already in bed.  So you end up creeping over to the bakery section and carefully picking out two donuts for yourself as a celebration of getting through the day and for your blissful alone time in Wally World, and because you can't remember the last time you ate.  And then when you're in line checking out, the guy behind you sees your donuts and says, "Two won't be enough."

You got that right, dude.



Comments

Popular Posts