Allie's room


Well, it took long enough, but I've been wanting to show you Allie's room and was just waiting to finish a couple minor details.  You know how it goes; it's always a work in progress!
I had to show you her doorway (above) so you could see her pretty sign that my friend and co-worker, Amber, made for her.  I think it's so cute!


I really tried to design a room that she could grow into and wouldn't look too baby-ish in a few years.  I actually painted her room last summer before we even knew she was coming or what gender we would have.  I decided to do a deep blue-grey color (wolf grey by Benjamin Moore) with white accents/decor, and then add either light pink or light blue accents depending on whether we got a boy or girl.  I first saw the paint color on my friend Jessica's blog in her son's room.  I absolutely love how it turned out!


This beautiful crib came from my brother's family.  It's soooo nice having a brother who has four kids and lots of things to pass down!  Their family has been very generous to us throughout this transition.  A friend from church made the beautiful quilt you see hanging there.  And I had another friend make the vinyl lettering for Allie's wall.  I want Allie to know the meaning of her name and be reminded of it every day.  And of course the scripture is so fitting for our journey, and I wanted to remind myself every day that Allie is God's gift to us and that we have committed her into His hands.

My mom gave us the mobile and it has been really helpful in moments where Allie needs a little stimulation when she lies down.




The ribbon banners above her windows are my favorite pieces in her room!  The pictures do not do them justice.  They are so pretty in person!  I love the mix of pinks, mints, rose golds, and sparkles.  I toyed with making them myself, but by the time I would buy all the various ribbons and supplies, it would probably cost more than just buying them.  I found these on etsy.




My parents got us this awesome chest from Babies 'R Us.  It has been fantastic.  Lots of drawer space and plenty of surface space as a changing area.  I love having it next to the window because Allie will usually look outside and keep herself entertained while I'm changing her.


The painted tree sign came from our baby shower and has everyone's thumbprints and names who attended.  A teacher I work with gave me the beautiful mountain print.


Another favorite... Allie's little feet.  Luke took this picture and then we had it printed on a canvas.


At her changing station we keep a wipe warmer (worth every penny, especially in those first couple months), and a basket full of essential oils, lotion, and powder.  (Diapers are in the top right drawer for easy access.)  Every night before bed I apply a nighttime calming lotion on her and oils if needed.  I like the lavender and serenity oils for calming (they are by my bedside, too), and the breathe oil, which works wonders in clearing her up if she's a little stopped up.  I apply these on her feet in tiny amounts as they are pretty potent.


I saw the adventure quote on Pinterest and my wonderful friend Kara painted it onto a canvas for me.  She did a great job incorporating grey and white!  And my friend Candi made this looovvvely bow board.  I use it every single day.  I love how it keeps all her headbands and bows organized and visible instead of stuffed in heap inside a drawer, plus it's so pretty!  



To the right of the chest and behind the chair we keep the diaper genie and a carriage full of Allie's stuffed animals.  Luke's mom gave us the beautiful carriage.  I keep it in the corner because it can tend to look messy, but also because it does roll and so Allie doesn't need to have easy access, haha.  It's nice for keeping her animals in one place.


These shelves just make me smile.  Our dear friend and Allie's "Papa" Charlie (friend from church who is like another father to us) made these custom bookshelves for Allie.  I saw something similar on Pinterest, sent him a picture and measurements, and now we have an awesome place for her books.  In my opinion, books are the one thing a child can't have too much of.  I really hope Allie loves to read.  Charlie not only made the shelves, but installed them, too.  I had him start close to the bottom so that she will be able to actually reach some of her books once she is able to stand.  And big thanks to my sister-in-law Kristin for distressing them for us!


I've also been very pleased with this rug.  I got it from Wayfair.com.  I wanted something fairly neutral that would work for future kids or even other rooms.  It's pretty much something that could be used in any room of the house really.  It is very thick and plush and great for playing on.
And the glider... We are thankful for that glider!  My in-laws gifted it to us from Babies 'R Us.  It is comfortable and rocks super smoothly.  One of my favorite times of each day is sitting in the chair with Allie and giving her her bedtime bottle.  Last night after she finished her bottle, I sang a little as I always do.  She started "singing" with me on You are My Sunshine.  It was a precious moment engrained in my heart forever.


I hope you enjoyed seeing Allie's room!  And thank you to the many friends and family who helped make it so special!  Definitely my favorite room in the house now...



Comments

  1. Gorgeous! I love the bible verse and her name meaning!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts