spring cuteness


Here are shots Luke took of Allie at six months and for Easter.  I am in love!




that face...






This girl loves being outside!  I don't think I've ever been more excited about warmer weather and the summer ahead!  I'm thinking... baby pool.  Definitely a baby pool!




little bunny.




Allie's personality is developing every day.  It's so invigorating watching her change and do new things all the time.  The last couple weeks her thing was "dadadada."  This week it's "bababa."  My friend Carolyn asked if that was for "bottle" or "baby," to which I replied, "It's not for anything."  I then thought, 'Oh, I guess we need to start actually connecting objects to words...  Oops.'  It's crazy to think she's over seven months old and near talking when I still often think of her as the newborn she was only a moment ago.  We DO however try to connect who "dada" and "mama" are (although she's not quite saying mama yet).  That's the priority, right?  

One of my favorite things right now is how excited she gets to see us, especially first thing in the morning.  She usually squeals with absolute delight when we walk in.  Talk about feeling loved!

I also really love my time with her at night before bed.  Lately she has struggled to stay awake during her bottle and so when we finish and I'm burping her, she ends up just laying her head and my shoulder and sometimes falls asleep.  Normally we don't rock her to sleep; we just lay her down when it's time.  But I love her head on my shoulder so much that I'll rock for a bit and sing and just soak in the moment as deeply as I can.

This mama got TEN hours of sleep last night, hence my brain is rested and functioning enough to write a blog post, hooray!!




Comments

  1. The closeup of her little toes is my favorite!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts