stuff that helps my mommy life



Let me start by saying, none of these items are mommy-specific (except the book).  I just simply appreciate them even more since becoming a momma!  Just thought I'd share...

Sleep line from BBW (lavender chamomile) - bubble bath, body wash/foam bath, lotion
This stuff is LEGIT.  When I use these, I can seriously feel my muscles relax and I definitely fall asleep faster.  It’s also a nice pampering treat at the end of a long day, especially if I am able to work in a bath.  For me, using a combination of the products is more effective than using one product alone.  For example, if I take a bath AND use the lotion, you can pretty much count me as passed out within ten minutes.  Annnd they smell WONDERFUL.

MK Volu-Firm Eye Renewal Cream and Eye Soothing Gel
I’ve been a faithful user of Mary Kay eye care products for years and for good reason.  I use the gel on mornings when my eyes are a bit puffy (which is most mornings).  It is cooling, soothing, and it depuffs your eyes in a matter of seconds.  I use the renewal cream at night.  It is super duper moisturizing and it works over time to combat darkness and wrinkles.  It truly works!

BareMinerals blemish Remedy Foundation
I love this for many reasons.  It’s easy and quick to apply.  It feels so light on my skin.  It improves my skin while I wear it.  As a mom on the go who benefits from multi-tasking products, this one’s a favorite.

Herbal Essences Naked dry shampoo
I am an avid user and believer in dry shampoo, and I feel like this is one of the best WM/drugstore options out there.  It really WORKS and it smells great (as do all Herbal Essences products).  I typically go about 3 days in between washing because of this, and could probably go more.    Soooo much time saved!!

Out of the Spin Cycle by Jen Hatmaker
I am a fan of Jen Hatmaker and I love her laid back, raw, humorous writing style.  This is a great book of short devotions geared for mommas.  While it is not my main Bible study right now, it is great for when I have a few minutes and need a dose of encouragement.  And thanks to my thoughtful friend Kelsie for gifting it to me!

Homemade Granola Bars
These are one of my favorite snacks to make and have on hand.  They are super easy to make, fairly healthy, high in protein and fiber, and easy to grab and take with me in a baggie.  I’ll admit that even though I love to eat, I do not always make the time to eat as much as I should because I’m so focused on Allie and what she needs, or I’ll go longer than I should between meals and snacks.  So this is a great snack to have ready on hand and it fills me up.  AND they are YUMMO! 

1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 TBSP honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup chocolate chips (or something else of your choice.. raisins, etc.)
Mix all with wooden spoon and press into 4x8 pan with wax paper on bottom.
Or double the recipe and use 8x8 pan. :)





Thank you to my friend Stephenie who shared this recipe with me! :)


If you're someone who likes to comment on posts, I'd love to hear what some of your favorite things from your daily routine are right now!


Comments

  1. I want that stuff that helps with puffy eyes. And I'm going to try this homemade granola. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts