a four month summary


If I did New Year's resolutions, one would be to blog weekly.
But alas, Allie is now four months old and I have made a whopping total of three posts.  So, here is an attempt at a summary of the last few months, important milestones, and my mommy thoughts...

December 21, 2015
The day Allie legally became ours forever!
This is with our wonderful lawyer, "Uncle Greg."

This was obviously a wonderful day, and while I did breathe a little more easily after everything became "official," I didn't cry from relief as most people assumed I did.  While realistically there was always a chance that something could fall through, I just felt a peace that it would all be okay.  We have a good relationship with Allie's birth mother.  Actually, it couldn't be better.  We are so blessed she loves Allie and wants what's best for her, and she truly loves us.  I thank God every day for this.  





My birthday, December 28.
We celebrated Christmas with my family over my birthday.  It was a low-key day.  We spent it with my parents, brother, and his family, eating, opening gifts, and enjoying each other.  It was a perfect day.



Her month-birthday pics thus far:





Once she hit three months, lots of great things were happening.  She was sleeping through the night (Hallelujah and thank you Jesus).  She was smiling a LOT.  She keeps getting more fun every day.  It blows my mind how fast they grow.  Everyone always says it and I knew she would.  But it happens right before your eyes and then you start mentally planning their first birthday party because you know it'll be here, like, tomorrow.

I often sing to her at night when she's close to finishing her bottle before bed.  Sometimes she stops drinking for a bit and looks at me - the deep into my eyes kind of look - and just listens.  When I finish the song, she smiles, keeps looking at me for a few seconds, and goes back to her bottle.  The first time she did it, it was like she was really looking at me like she knew I was her mother.  I can't explain it, but it was a sweet moment of our souls connecting in a divine sort of way.

Yesterday I was playing with her - backing up and then closing in on her face to kiss her while she giggled and cooed - and one time when i drew back, I only did a few inches and she put her little hand on my face and smiled.  It got me thinking about how miraculous it is that a baby so young can be so sweet and loving.


What an absolute treasure you are, my sweet Allie.




Comments

Popular Posts