dearest Allie



Oh, my sweet girl.  You have so fully and perfectly changed my life.  You are everything I could have ever wished for, hoped for and prayed for, and much more.  You are magical and wonderful and beautiful and precious.  You are the sunshine in the morning and the moonglow at night.   You are the bursting excitement we feel for this Christmas and the one we are most thankful for this Thanksgiving.  You, my angel, have shown me why we had to wait so long and why we had to take a long journey with many stops to arrive here and find you.  It was always you, Allie.

It is my joy every day to discover new things about you.  To learn your little quirks and the things that make you you.  I love that you love to lie on my chest and I think it's funny when you fold your arms and lie your head on them.  I felt like I waited for an eternity to see you smile, and now you're smiling and it is the most delightful sight and you fill me to the brim with love.  I love when you look at me like you know I'm your mommy.  I love when you grab my finger or my hair and hold on for your dear life.

For the first time in my life I don't care that I'm tired.  I love waking up to feed you and hold you.  I soak in every moment because I know that the next time I blink you'll be big and you won't fit in my lap anymore.  You snore, baby girl.  You snore like a teeny weeny old man and it's so funny.  Tomorrow on Thanksgiving I will relish every moment of watching you get passed around and marveled at by our family and watching you discover more new faces.  We will watch the Thanksgiving Day parade and the dog show together and I will carry you around and show you all of Aunt Brenda's beautiful Christmas trees.  You love lights, Allie.  You gaze at them while I watch them sparkle in your big brown eyes.

So here's to your first Thanksgiving and to almost two months at home with us... Two months of rocking our world and filling it with magic.  You are a treasured gift, my sweet girl, and as my mom and I would always say to each other, "my cup runneth over."

Love,

Mommy


Comments

Popular Posts