that time a little angel was in the vet waiting room


One of the many pieces of adoption paperwork is a form signed by your vet saying the pets in your home are safe for children.  So off to the vet I went to get our dogs' shots up to date and to get this form signed.  I was honestly a little stressed when we left home because I decided to take them without their crates for the first time.  While they are still relatively small in size, they are 15 and 20 pounds, and it is extremely difficult to try to carry them in their crates (at least for me).  So, I took them on their leashes.  I was nervous about how they would handle the vet waiting room (where other potential pets would be waiting nearby), and also about how I would handle them on their leashes to and from the car, etc... It's tricky handling 2 nervous dogs by yourself!

We arrived and luckily it wasn't crowded.  I checked in, showed the nurse the adoption form, and then took a seat nearby to wait.  A few people came in and out of the clinic with cats and dogs while Indy and Huck sat quietly at my feet.  I started to feel more at ease.  Then a quite wonderful thing happened.  A little girl who looked about six or seven years old approached us and asked me if she could pet my dogs.  I smiled and said, "Of course," and she patted each of them gently on their heads while they cautiously sniffed her.  Then before I knew it, she plopped right down on the floor and continued petting them as they began soaking her cheeks with excited kisses.  She giggled profusely as her mother sat nearby watching with a smile.  Huck soon decided this little girl was safe and climbed into her lap. (Wish I had a picture of that... Plump Huck trying to fit in her tiny little lap and not slide off.)  Indy sat right up next to her and made sure that he, too, was getting plenty of attention.  Meanwhile, the nurse smiled at me as if to say, "I doubt there will be any trouble getting your form signed."  And I smiled back with, "I promise I didn't pay this little girl!"

We must have all sat there for a good ten minutes, giggling and talking and carrying on, until finally we were called back to get shots.  Everything else went smoothly and we left with a signed form in hand.  I was so proud of my Indy and Huck for being so sweet to that little girl and while I already knew they were good with kids, seeing it in action before me just made me even more excited and sentimental about future Little Woodward playing in the floor with the doggies.

I beg you to start praying now that Little Woodward will not be allergic to them.
Because God help us if he/she is allergic.

God help us.

Comments

  1. God places the right people in our path right when we need them! I was so stressed out on our plane ride, that when a woman offered to switch seats so Shepherd could sit with me I burst into tears :) Definitely an angel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts