a few things...

He sleeps like this all the time.  Total abandon.  Makes me smile.

That time at the Melting Pot when I took a picture and he wasn't ready for the flash.

My grandmother recently made each of her grandchildren a quilt, and we could request whatever details we wanted. (She's so awesome.)  I decided to go with grey and white chevron to keep things neutral and so that I could pair it with different things/decor/rooms for years to come.  I love how it turned out, and I love it on our guest bed!

My sweet friend painted this for my classroom.  It sits on my desk and I love it!

Instruments!

My little guitar up against my piano.  I use it every day at the end of class for our goodbye song.
My friend found that guitar deserted on a college campus and took it home and restored it.  I bet he didn't know it would eventually be used to teach hundreds of little kiddos how to sing.

I really love my new teaching job.  Sure, it has its challenging moments, but the joy those kids bring me and the delight music brings them… oh my, it fills my heart.  For many of the children, music class is a release.  I love being able to provide that for them.

And just a few of my favorite student comments so far:

"You sing like Elsa!"

"You look fifteen." (I tell them I'm 30.) "Oh.  My mom is thirty."

Me: "Class, what instrument family do these belong to?"
Student: "They belong to God."
Can't argue with that.

Comments

Popular Posts