this life

spring buttercups in our kitchen


This spring I began tutoring a sixth grade student almost every day after school as well as most Saturdays.  I knew from the first meeting that we would have a special relationship.  She is an absolute sweetheart and ray of sunshine.  The other day in the car she was telling me about one of her favorite friends and said, "I really like people who are happy and who look on the bright side of things."  I responded with, "Yeah, me too..."  After a couple seconds of silence, almost simultaneously we both said, "I think you're like that."  We looked at each other with wide eyes and giggled.

And so I've just been thinking about this life I get to lead and the intricate design of how God weaves people in and out of it.  How He brought us to a town we never thought we'd live in and somehow I ended up with a job at school... And responded to an email one day from our principal saying someone was looking for a tutor for his daughter.  And now here we are, a 13 and 30 year old, in my kitchen every afternoon, writing papers, reading about arachnids, and talking about life.  I have this new little friend who had dinner with us and came with us to church Wednesday, and on the way home she couldn't stop talking about how much she loved it.  And it's in moments like these I am even more sure of the sovereignty of God and that the people He places in front of me each day are certainly no coincidence.





Comments

  1. I can totally agree with your 13 y/o student. I've always thought of you as someone who is happy and looks on the bright side of things! :) Even your buttercups photo makes me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, you make my day! Thank you for your kind encouragement. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts