my daily no-makeup makeup



Funny how it can take so many products to achieve such a natural look.
My daily look is focused mostly on the skin.  I feel like once my base looks nice I can get away with keeping everything else very natural.

BASE:
Apply Mac Prep & Prime Skin Refined Zone to T-zone.
Either with fingers or Sigma F80 brush, apply Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab all over.
To hide discolorations and darkness, apply Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer with a light touch.
To brighten and highlight, apply and blend Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer.
Using concealer brush, dab blemishes/spots with Mac Studio Finish Concealer.
Lightly dust Elf HD powder over T-zone with large powder brush.
Sweep NYX matte bronzer in medium over cheeks, forehead, and jawline to bronze and contour.

EYES:
Apply Nars eye primer to lids.
Dab a small amount of LM concealer to lower lid to conceal and brighten.
With a light touch, apply Mac vanilla pigment to inner corners and brow bone to brighten using tapered shadow brush.
Sweet a small amount of NYX bronzer over crease to define.
Apply NYX brown eyeliner to outer two-thirds of top lash lines.
Apply Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening mascara to top lashes.
Lightly sweet bottom lashes with Clinique bottom lash mascara.
Brush through brows and apply a touch of color with Milani brow pencil in natural taupe.

LIPS:
Forgot to picture this because I keep it in my purse.  Most days I keep it very simple and apply a touch of Bare Escentuals Buxom lip gloss in Rebel.


Perfecting the skin takes up the most time, especially since I have problematic skin to begin with.  Some days when I'm pressed for time I simply sweep on some mascara and lip gloss after finishing the skin and I'm good to go.  Most days I do take the couple extra minutes to brighten up and define my eyes with the products listed above.  Having very deep set eyes, using brightening products makes an enormous difference.

The NYX bronzer is my most recent discovery and I can't get enough of it.  It's difficult to find the perfect bronzer (not too orange, not too muddy, etc.), and I LOVE this one.  And super affordable to boot.  Most days I don't bother with blush.

What are your daily favorites?

Comments

  1. From the picture you posted, NO ONE would believe you when you say you have problematic skin. It sure doesn't look like it sister!!! I mean, I have the Elf HD powder and use it daily, and I do not like that flawless! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to say "do not look" (not like)

      Delete
    2. LOL… HONEY, BELIEVE ME, I have skin issues. The secret is truly the foundation and concealer. I use the Elf powder really just for oil control and mattifying purposes, haha. The Nars foundation is great coverage (but doesn't look cakey)… it's expensive, but I only go through one per year!

      Delete
    3. (Perhaps I should have done a "before" pic to prove it! :) )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts