flowers and forgiveness


While this skirt's print screams spring, the dark background and its thickness make it great for winter days, too.  It's so comfy, and I feel quite feminine when I wear it.  And on even the coldest days, I promise the flowers somehow make me feel warmer.


hat: JC Penney, jacket: F21, sweater: Target, skirt: Wet Seal, boots: Kohl's


Last week at school, a student apologized to me for something, and I told him I forgave him.  He replied cynically, "I really doubt that."

I stopped short and looked at him, disappointment all over my face.  With passion in my voice I said, "Hey, if I tell you I forgive you, I forgive you."

He swiftly changed the subject, but I thought about this many times the remainder of the day.  His comment made me sad.  Since then I've thought about 2 things.  First, it's heartbreaking that people who don't know Love can be like that... They don't believe in true sincerity of other people.  They don't believe they could be loved or forgiven or could be trusting of another human.  This particular student is cynical of anyone but himself.  I keep praying that one day I'll have a breakthrough with him.  However, I know it won't be my own doing, but through the heart-piercing power of the Spirit.

Secondly, God used this conversation to show me perhaps a small taste of how He feels.  Some people never believe God could forgive them for what they've done.  I bet it hurts Him.  Disappoints him.  Saddens Him to the point of grief.  After all, here's the God of the universe, ready to offer all the grace we'll ever need.  Ready to make us feel more loved than we could hope for...

Comments

  1. I love your jacket. Hopefully your conversation with your student leaves a tiny morsel in his heart. He probably has a hard time forgiving others and doesn't see how anyone could be so forgiving of him (just speculating of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill! I bet you're right. Yes, hoping that at least a seed was planted...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts