resting and loving it


I've been thankful lately for opportunities to rest and recuperate.  A couple weekends ago my mom joined us on our church's women's retreat at the lake, and it was simply perfect.  And it was her birthday!  Thank you for spending your special day with little 'ole me, Mom!    


And this week is fall break where Luke and I teach.  We're wrapping up Day 2, and how glorious it has been...  This morning we didn't get up until after 11 a.m., the longest we'd both slept in a long, long time.  I woke up and felt like a new woman, I tell ya.


We took the pups to the park today and continued leash training which we totally have not made enough time for over the past year.  Today marked a major turning point.  We are no longer dragging them.  For the most part, they are walking right along side us on their leashes.  We were very proud puppy parents.  

Other things we've been enjoying:  our fire pit and s'mores, fall weather (finally), late night movies, leisurely cooking and baking, and by golly my husband let me get a pedicure today.  Somehow in recent years the bottom of my feet have became plain sad (perhaps because I don't make time to take care of them), and so every once in a blue moon I will fork over the $30 to get a full-on pedi with the whole pampering nine yards.  And one day you realize that you've crossed over from the days where pedicures were fun because you get your toenails painted to where pedicures are nice because you get your calluses and rough spots doctored and smoothed over.  And you feel, well, not 18 anymore.

Happy fall break to all you others out there who have the honor, and here's to getting our days and nights mixed up.



Comments

Popular Posts