a few home updates... long time coming.


I'm pretty sure the last progress I showed of our kitchen was in this post... um June 2012?  Ahh well, a slowww work in progress.  The main update is we finally got some great pictures and paintings up.

I love this Hershey tin hanging.  Found him at a local thrift store.

Our sweet friend Kara did most of the paintings.  This one is lyrics from one of my favorite Crowder songs.

Probably my favorite piece.  As you can tell, this was made from a wood pallet.  I saw several one-word paintings like this on Pinterest, but I wanted it to be a special and specific word to us.  And it hit me one day.  Sing.  Yes.

With some birthday mulah back at the beginning of the year I got this great set of modern frames from West Elm.  I specifically wanted simple, white, and matted.  I printed black and white pictures and love how they turned out.


I really wanted to get all this in natural light and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get a shot of these without some sort of reflection in them, sorry bout that.  Still learning photography...

A shot our sister-in-law took one Sunday when Luke and I were singing "Poison and Wine" by The Civil Wars (for a sermon series on marriage).  So special.

One of my favorite pictures ever.  Luke and our niece, Grace.

This one was when we were getting ready to zipline.  I picked it because I like to remember the adventures we go on together.

One of the most precious, special gifts I've ever received... Luke had someone sketch Sawyer and I from a snapshot we had.  I love this so much.

Not much has changed on this wall.  Still holding out for black and white horizontal-striped curtains.  Can only find them on Etsy, but not for my budget.  Every time I walk past the curtain section in TJ Maxx, I'm hopeful...

This little guy came from Big Lots of all places.  Super cheap and I love the vintage feel and pop of red.




And if you remember this post, you know we had a small update in our bathroom, too.  I say small, but a new shower curtain can change the whole feel of the room!  I love it!

(It reads: "NYC RAILWAY TRANSIT SYSTEM VALID FOR 5 CENTS ONE FARE")





You never know how something will look in person versus online, and honestly I like it even better in person.  The color is a light bluish gray... perfect for the blue accents we already have (towels, etc.).

But the best part?  When Luke gets in the shower he now says, "Honey!  I'm on the railway!"


Comments

Popular Posts