movie day

So one of the things on my list was to spend a day watching inspirational movies.  I'm looking at this list thinking, 'Um... how can it be that I wrote that almost 2 years ago, and here I am, verrrry close to 30?'  SO. FAST.

The point of this one was #1 - to RELAX and #2 - be INSPIRED while relaxing.  So Friday and Saturday were my movie days.  I would have squeezed them all into one day, but Hubs wanted to watch 2 with me, and saving one for Saturday helped his schedule.  Let me just say, there were many to choose from.  There are tons of great ones out there.  I tried not to think about it too hard and I tried to watch a variety.  I chose a couple I'd seen before and a couple I hadn't.  Anywho, here's a recap.


Cast Away

 "You never know what the tide will bring in tomorrow." - Chuck

I've seen this a few times throughout the years, and while it's a slow-moving film, I find it to be an inspiring story of survival and hope.  Goodness it's a tearjerker and not easy to watch, but it deeply tugs at the soul.


Ever After

"I know that a life without love is no life at all." - DaVinchi

When it comes to inspiring love stories, this is one of my favorites.  I probably watch it at least once a year.  I love seeing the prince pursue Danielle.  I love that the humble, kind girl wins in the end.  One of my favorite characters is Leonardo DaVinchi, brilliantly played by Patrick Godfrey.
 

Cinderella Man

"I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them." - James

"Maybe I understand some, about having to fight.  So you just remember who you are... You're the Bulldog of Bergen, and the Pride of New Jersey, you're everybody's hope, and the kids' hero, and you are the champion of my heart, James J. Braddock." - Mae

I hadn't seen this one before.  Definitely an inspiring story of the determinated underdog.  I was also inspired by Mae's devotion and support of her husband.  I can't say that I would have been so supportive if I was in the same situation.


Finding Forrester

"No thinking - that comes later.  You must write the first draft from your heart.  You rewrite with your head." - William

I can't believe I hadn't ever seen this movie in its entirety until now, as much as I love to write.  I knew it would be great, given that everything Sean Connery does is magnificent.  I loved it.  I love the mentorship and friendship that unfolds between Jamaal and William.  I love that William does the right thing in the end and protects his friend.


The Pursuit of Happyness

"I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old.  I made up my mind that when I had children, my children were going to know who their father was." - Chris

"What would you say if a man walked in here with no shirt, and I hired him?  What would you say" - Frohm
"He must have had on some really nice pants." - Chris

Ok, so I didn't really watch this on my movie day, but I probably would have had I not just watched it recently.  Like Cast Away, it's not the easiest to watch.  But every now and then I like to be reminded of a few things... that sometimes my perspective on having a "rough" day is off, that I can do or be anything if I work hard and long enough, and that a good attitude pays off.


On the morning of my movie day when Luke got back from the gym, he said he had some "surprises" for me.  He had stopped and gotten me some m&m's, popcorn, and ice cream for me to enjoy with my movies.  He is so stinkin' thoughtful!  And enjoyable it certainly was.

#16, you are now complete!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts