friday five with a couple throwbacks

I discovered Matt White this week.  Love this song.

One of the greatest things I've ever seen... Luke received this as a groomsman gift last week.  If you don't know Jack Bauer, you haven't truly lived.

On our short visit to see my family a few days ago, we were able to hang out with a friend of mine I grew up with, Iris.  We literally grew up down the road from each other and spent many summer days at each other's houses.  I loved going to her house because for one, she had a water bed.  A WATER BED.  Those were novel when I was growing up, ya hear me?  We played dress-up as most little girls do and spent hours pretending we were everything under the sun.  We would often go down the road to her grandfather's house and play with kittens.  I'm not sure why there were always kittens there.  Perhaps it was one litter that we played with several days straight and to my child mind it seemed like a wonderful eternity, or maybe there really were several litters of kittens over the course of several summers.  I'm not sure.  One of my favorite memories with Iris was tubing down her fantastic hill in the front yard in mounds of snow one winter.  It was the best.  Her poor dad would carry our tubes back up the hill every time.  I hadn't seen Iris in several years, so it was nice to catch up as well as meet her sweet husband.

Throwback #1...  Speaking of Iris, there she is on the left, and yes, that's me on the right, and my poor brother in the back.  I mean, how many things are there to laugh about in this picture?  I die.  This was one capture of many summers of (being forced into) the local town's heritage parade. Iris' mom found this picture recently.  I texted it to my brother, who responded with, "That was almost torture when I got older."  Almost torture?  Looks like plain 'ole torture to me, bro.  And how unfortunate there are trees behind you, making it difficult to see your epic Alfalfa hair.

Throwback #2... One of my best friends from college is getting married!  So incredibly happy for her.  She sent this to me a few days ago.  I assume she was rummaging and reminiscing.  This was us trying to learn guitar (in attempt to impress the guys we were hanging out with, one being Luke). 
Carebie, I miss these times.




Comments

Popular Posts