that moment when...


...you realize it's silly to only save your candles for guests. Burn them for YOU, for goodness' sake.

you glance down at your hands and realize they have aged significantly, which brings you to a greater awareness of your upcoming kinda-big birthday.

you decide that it's time to change some small but crucial habits in your daily life, knowing you'll be a better person for it.

you could really go for a whole day's worth of uninterrupted sleep.

you wish you had just left things as they were.

you wish you could have just one day where you are responsible for absolutely nothing.

you realize that yet again, you chose to be selfish, and you hate yourself for it.

you feel like you'll never catch up on all the projects that need to be done.



Last week I had all of these moments.  Some of them I was glad to have.  Some of them just made me frustrated or weary.

And then I had that moment I often have, when I hear a quiet voice say,

My grace is sufficient for you.


And praise God that it is.




Comments

  1. Goodness...I totally have these moments. Thank you for the necessary and freeing reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts