I used to sleep

Perhaps I'm being prepared for being a new mom one day, I don't know.

But goodness, I miss the days when I got some good sleep.

Factor #1:  2 puppies who like to wake up earrrrrlllyyyy.
Factor #2:  living in an old house with an easily accessible crawl space for the critters, who like to scratch and scuffle and play the cymbals between 12 and 5 a.m.
Factor #3:  a mind that won't shut off, that uses bed time as an opportunity to formulate a ten year plan for how I'm going to save the world.
Factor #4:  a bladder that says, "Well, you're still awake, you might as well go the bathroom one more time before you fall asleep," for the seventh time.

If you were to take away my puppies, critters, mind, and bladder for a day, I just might not wake up for 24 hours.  Then again, I suppose I need all that stuff.  Well, not the extra critters.

But, the puppies...  I definitely need my puppies.




Comments

  1. Oh, friend. Critters, bladder, puppies, life planning, and getting older. You forgot that. I realized a couple years ago that my body & life does its real changing in my late years of the decade. Late teens, late 20s, late 30s. Not necessarily bad changes, just changes. So...yay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts