30 before 30 update

As I've now surpassed my 29th birthday, I've been reflecting on the status of my 30 before 30 list.  

Update time.  Bold = yet to do.

1. Hike a trail with Luke. 
2. Move to a bigger city.  Wondering if this was a bit audacious, considering this is God's decision.
3. Try a totally new hair color. Did it!  Loved being brunette!  But alas, too much upkeep.
4. Try 3 new kinds of workouts.  2 down, 1 to go!
5. Beach vacation.  Did this back in August.  Other than a sick hubs it was a wonderful vacation.
6. Go snow skiing and tubing.
7. Record a CD.  Working on this.
8. Write more worship songs.  I have written several more, but need to tweak them :).
9. Finish my Master's degree.  Will finish in August!  WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!
10. Write a book of short stories from my childhood.  Did this as a gift for my dad.  He loved it and I so enjoyed writing it.
11. Acquire my sister-in-law's cookie recipe.  I don't have much of a hand in this, but I'm hoping I'll guilt her into it...
12. Move into a long-term career that I love... =music=worship.  God amazes me.  Back in October I stepped into the worship leader position at my church.  I am so blessed and thankful.
13. Attend a Kari Jobe event.
14. Go zip lining.  Did this for Luke's birthday last April.  So much fun!!  Hope to go again!
15. Go skydiving.  I'm looking at this thinking, "Did I really type this?  Did I type this one while I was medicated?"  
16. Spend a whole day watching inspirational movies.
17. Take my dog to the movies.  We took Sawyer to the drive-in last summer.  It was a night of family time perfection :).
18. Send a hand-written letter to someone expressing my love and appreciation for them.  I have done a few of these.  What a blessing to encourage someone when they're not expecting it!
19. Get a spontaneous mani-pedi.
20. Take a road trip with friends.  Wondering what exactly constitutes a road trip.  We've definitely taken some trips with friends...
21. Go frog-giggin'.
22. Blog 3 times a week consistently.  Yay!!!  
23. Give something that I really, really love away because someone else needs it more.
24. Go on a Burris family trip.
25. Clean out childhood stuff at Mom and Dad's.
26. Spend an entire Saturday working on my dreams.
27. Make Mom's fudge.  Did it for Christmas and successful for the most part!  My chocolate fudge turned out wonderfully, my caramel was delicious but a bit gooey... but I didn't hear anyone complain!
28. Learn to play guitar decently.
29. Throw a spontaneous party.
30. Get a new colon. HA!... I've tried some new medicine for my issues and was unsuccessful.  At this point, prayer and taking care of myself are all I have.  And prayer is certainly enough.  God is big, and He cares.

Almost half-way there, and now, less than a year to go!  Yikes!

Ziplining at Mammoth Cave National Park, April 2012


Meanwhile, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours!  May your year be filled with joy, peace, learning, and gratitude.

love, jenn


Comments

Popular Posts