perspective


I live in an old, small house.
At any given time, there's something wrong with our cars.
We live four hours from my family.
Our dog died.
My grandaddy has cancer.
I struggle with IBS and am sick a lot.
We moved five times in three years.
Marriage is really hard.
I don't get to see my brother very often.
It's challenging and exhausting working in ministry.
Christmas is hard when you're dealing with loss and hardship.
My life has not turned out like what I thought.

But,

We have a house.
We have two cars.
We don't have to take a plane to see my family.
We had three and a half years of fun and bliss with our sweet dog.
My grandaddy is still here, and he knows Jesus.
I can see and hear.  I have two arms and two legs.
We have friends from all over Kentucky and beyond.
 Marriage is beautiful, and it has made me a better person.
My brother is alive and well.
Working in ministry is fulfilling and rewarding.
Christmas is a time we can lean on one another and be thankful for Jesus.
My life has not turned out like what I thought.  It's better.

Comments

Popular Posts