29

- my family and me, a gazillion or so years ago -


Today is my 29th birthday.

My last birthday in my twenties.

I'm trying to not be sad about it.  I'm trying to remember that 29 is very young.

Most of all, I'm reminding myself that I have already lived a great life, even if it were to end soon.  While there are things I thought I would accomplish by now and haven't, there are many things I've accomplished or done that I didn't think or know that I would.  Sometimes God surprises us.  I also know that at the end of the day it's not about what I've accomplished for myself, but for the Kingdom of God.

And as my thankfulness post for the week, here are 29 reasons I have to be thankful today:

1. There's snow on the ground. :)
2. We get to do something REALLY exciting this Sunday (pictures to come :) ).
3. Today we're heading to be with my family and friends that we have been away from way too long.
4. I lead a worship team that puts up with me, supports me, and lets me utilize their gifts endlessly.
5. My husband tells me I look cute in my toboggan.
6. I have a plethora of awesome childhood memories.
7. I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from.
8. I have great friends. Friends who love all of me. Friends who blow my mind with their kindness.
9. My parents are both alive and healthy.
10. I have six beautiful nieces and nephews. Little angels.
11. I had the opportunity to go to college and get a degree.
12. I had the opportunity to go back and get another degree.
13. I have many good influences in my life.
14. Technology and social networking allow me to stay connected with my Central Ky family.
15. I can dance. I mean, I can really break it down.
16. I had twelve years of piano lessons with a purely amazing teacher and friend.
17. My classical/secular music undergrad education affirmed to me that I don't want to sing about crap I'm not passionate about and that doesn't amount to anything. I want to sing about Jesus.
18. I'm learning so much about leadership and biblical theology through my education at Liberty U.
19. God makes miracles.
20. I get to eat at CHEDDAR'S today!
21. I will likely eat a COOKIE MONSTER at Cheddar's today! :)
22. I have my mom's long eyelashes.
23. I have lots of reasons to laugh.
24. We are not hoarders. We give stuff away or throw it away.
25. God has put people in my life to help fill the void of my parents not being nearby.
26. My husband is very forgiving.
27. I look like my dad.
28. God is my refuge.
29. I am 29 today!

My brother and I a few years ago. I love everything about this silly picture.

The best day of my life.


29.

Not so bad. :)


Comments

  1. I appreciate your honesty. Certain ages are frustrating and can bring about a whirlwind of feelings. I am sorry... I have not been attentive to how this birthday has affected you. Next time I see you...big fat hug. Should have yesterday, too wrapped up in my own blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries at all. This one hasn't affected me like the next one will, I'm sure... haha :) I'm actually glad no one made a big deal out of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts