His


It's amazing how movies often connect with the bigger Story that is taking place among us...

Remember the pivotal scene in The Lion King where Simba hears Mufasa's voice out in the wilderness?  He has been running from who he is.  He has essentially forgotten who he is.

Mufasa:  Simba.
Simba:  Father?
Mufasa:  Simba, you have forgotten me.
Simba:  No!  How could I?
Mufasa:  You have forgotten who you are, and so forgotten me.  Look inside yourself, Simba... You are more than what you have become.
Simba:  How can I go back?  I'm not who I used to be.
Mufasa:  Remember who you are.  You are my son...  Remember who you are.

This scene always makes me tear up.  We can probably all relate...

A series of unfortunate things happen in your life.  You close yourself off.  You lose hope.  Something sorrowful is perpetuating in you.  You forget who you are.  And most gravely of all, you forget who God is.

And God is bursting to remind you, you are more than what you have become.  You are His.  Remember, you are His.

Comments

Popular Posts