women and new things and thankfulness


I got to spend this weekend with my mom and some other great women from my church at our ladies' retreat.  As you can see, we stayed in the midst of God's beauty.  I'm so thankful my mom got to come for it.  A fun and peaceful weekend.

At the beginning of the week I was in Frankfort for my new job training.  In a nutshell, for those of you who have asked, I'm going to be teaching middle-schoolers about college and career prep - everything from basic skills like goal-setting and financial literacy to figuring out their gifts and strengths...  At the middle school level it's more skill-based, whereas the high schoolers in this same program will learn things more specific to college and career decisions.  I am one of 4 teachers/advisors at my school.  I teach my first class tomorrow, and I'm truly looking forward to it.  I feel blessed to be doing something I can look forward to and be excited about.  :)

In the same week I was hired for this job (last week), I found out something else really exciting.  It's on the horizon and isn't quite official yet so I can't share, but hopefully soon. :)  But let's just say, I am VERY blessed and to say I'm excited about it would be an understatement.  Ooohh, you're intrigued now, aren't you?

God is good.  God is faithful.  He doesn't forget your heart's desires.

May you count your blessings today,
jenn

Comments

  1. Oooh can't wait to hear! I'm intrigued! Middle school is my favorite age to teach. With my last job I taught everything from preschool to senior citizens and I loved middle school. Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts