Remembering...


Eleven years ago I was in AP Calculus class my senior year when a teacher rushed down the hall telling everyone to turn on their tv's.  When we saw what was happening in New York, that most horrid feeling of sorrow and fright and nausea rolled into one came over me.  Our classroom became somber.  Later in the day I called Dad on a pay phone (hey, 10-yr olds, I didn't have a cell 'til college) just to hear his voice.  While I didn't have a personal connection to anyone effected in New York that day, I think any American feels somehow connected to what took place, especially if you were watching it unfold.  It was one of those things that made you feel angry and lost because someone was hurting your own country - your own big family of people.

Prayers going out to those who lost loved ones that day.  I pray you have found even a portion of peace.

Comments

Popular Posts