why I like to include style posts

A few thoughts...

If you know me at all, you know I am a Christian with some very specific values and beliefs.  I love and value God first and foremost.  I like to write posts on God and life, in hope that someone, somewhere, might be touched or challenged in some way.

So why do I bother with style posts, too?  It might even seem materialistic for someone with my beliefs.  I like blogging about style simply because it's fun and girly.  I LOVE being a woman, and for me, fashion and decorating are creative outlets and forms of art I enjoy.  I also love the art of photography and enjoy the editing process.  I think even if no one but my mom looked at my blog, I'd still do it because it's just fun...  It's for the girly girl in me.

I also like showing that a cute outfit doesn't have to come from the most high-end stores on Michigan Avenue.  I shop at pretty inexpensive places, and I have a beast of a radar for finding good deals.  My favorite maxi skirt I have right now cost me $8 at Old Navy.  The blazers I wear on a weekly basis came from H&M for less than $20.

All that said, I do not believe there is any value in what we wear, other than that it does help us feel more confident.  At the end of the day, clothes and other style outlets aren't what matter.  What matters is our relationship with our Creator and how we love people.  What matters is how we clothe our hearts.  Honestly, the moments I feel most beautiful are at home in my sweats with no makeup on and my husband tells me I am lovely.  I feel most beautiful when a friend tells me I have a peaceful and gentle spirit.  I feel beautiful when I am truly happy and nothing is hindering my joy...

I hope all this conveys my heart clearly to you.  Thank you for reading.

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." - 1 Peter 3:3-4

"People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7

~ jenn

Comments

  1. ENLIGHTENING:

    I feel beautiful when I am truly happy and nothing is hindering my joy...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts