hey, don't miss today


Sawyer has bad anxiety about us leaving.  He is so smart and catches on to every move in our morning routine.  He recognizes that when I get ready in the bathroom, it means I'm about to leave.  He knows that when Luke brushes his teeth, goodbye is soon approaching.  And if we so much as look at a pair of shoes, he goes crazy.  First it was just when we would pick up our keys, but over time as he has picked up more and more "clues," he now basically barks and whines for the whole hour before we leave for work.  This morning I was in the bathroom and I overheard Luke talking to Sawyer in the kitchen (yes, we have "conversations" with him).  Luke said, "Sawyer, if you are always worrying about when we're going to leave, you're never going to enjoy us while we're here."

I smiled and giggled to myself.  Then I started thinking about how true it was.  Then I began wondering if that's how God feels about us - about all our worrying, anxiety, and our OCD planning.  I bet He thinks, "I wish you would just enjoy today.  I wish you would enjoy ME.  You're missing everything."

Bottom line.  Worrying does not help in any way whatsoever. 
Living for today, however, might just change everything.


Comments

Popular Posts