Thorns

In our ladies' small group we are going through "Do you know who I am?" by Angela Thomas. GREAT book. Last night's topic question was, "Do you know I am suffering with a thorn?" God's "answer"... "Do you know that my grace is sufficient?"

I didn't really say much last night. Sometimes I just need to soak in everyone else's thoughts and wisdom. Some talked about the "thorns" in their lives they had carried for years. It's different for everyone. For some it's past sin. For others it's a tragedy. It might simpy be an unfair situation or missed opportunity.

I have carried a thorn for a few years now. Sometimes I find myself frustrated with God for allowing my thorn. Our pastor's wife, Sherri, said it well last night... Even if our thorn doesn't go away, God is still God, and God is still good. While our lives change continually, He is unchanging. And God is enough. I've begun praying fervently for me to truly live that out. I believe God is enough, but I often do not live or speak or act like I do. It's a tough truth to grasp, but I believe once you do, you receive the "peace" Jesus was talking about when He said, "My peace I give you, not as the world gives..." (John 14:27)

May you live in the peace and truth today that God is always enough.

-

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts