Yeah, THAT kind of love...


So last night was my mom's return from Haiti, where she was serving for a week to tell people about Jesus. Around 8:00 Dad called me on his way to the airport. I thought to myself, isn't her plane scheduled to arrive at 11? As if reading my mind, Dad said, "I know her plane won't get there until 11, but somehow I just thought that maybe the earlier I get there the sooner I will have her back in my arms."

I smiled at the pure adoration and love in Dad's voice as he said those words. After thirty-five years together, their love is still precious, strong, and extravagent. He talks about her as though they are a giddy teenage dating couple, yet with the experience, memories, and wisdom of three and a half decades of marriage. Their love truly amazes and inspires me.

I think the love of my mom and dad is what a marriage is supposed to look like. I think their love is how God intended and designed for true love to be. It's a man and a woman who mold together as one in Christ, who get past all the annoyances of each other and just embrace on all the good, wonderful things. It's a man and a woman who know the importance of showing love to each other every single day, not matter what they feel like or how long they have been together. It exemplifies the unconditional love of Jesus and His pursuit of the Church.

I am so blessed to have a husband who adores me and who displays genuine love for me each day, and I try to do the same for him. And I hope in another thirty years that our children will reflect on and benefit from our love the way that I have from the love of my mom and dad.

-

Comments

Popular Posts