PASSION

...An overhead view of the 45,000+ people at Passion 2012. Luke and I had the joy of going, and I must say, I've never experienced anything quite like it. I've worshipped with multitudes of people before, but never this many, and never with so, so many excited college students and twenty-somethings. I felt the power of God in such a real, raw way. As much as I love to sing and lift up my voice to praise my Jesus, I experienced many moments where I was too overwhelmed by His love and by the beautiful sounds around me that I could not open my mouth.

One of both Luke's and my favorite moments was when Chris Tomlin led "How Great is Our God," joined by an African children's choir and several singers from various countries. Each verse and chorus was sung in a different language. It was a powerful reminder of how big God's kingdom is, and seeing people from all around the world united through praising one God, our almight Savior and Lord Jesus, left me in awe and thankfulness.

I left with the feeling in my heart that perhaps this was a small taste of heaven... and I can't wait.

-

Comments

Popular Posts