More than a puppy...


I was browsing through some old notes on facebook that I wrote a couple years ago, and this one really made me smile and reflect some more...

(Aug. 2009)

The past few months with a new puppy have been so precious and full of fun; full of adventure, tender moments, irritating moments, many smiles... But it hit me the other day, I never thought I'd learn so much from him... and be reminded of God and His love.

1. His #1 desire is to simply be with us.

2. When I wake up in the morning, he can't wait to see me, show me affection, play with me, spend time with me...

3. Any time I've been gone and return, he is just as excited to see me as the time before.

4. He is quick to forgive and forget if we upset him, and loves us unconditionally.

5. He sits with me quietly and loyally when I'm sad.

6. He likes for me to rest beside him.

7. He is most content when he is very close to me.


It's funny, the things God uses to remind us of Him.


-

Comments

Popular Posts