30 before 30


A friend of mine recently did this and inspired me to do the same. I am 27, about to turn 28 in December, so 30 is not far around the corner. This is my list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. I'm taking you along the journey with me as I (hopefully) accomplish each task. I think it's healthy and beneficial to have goals in life. I want to live and pursue, not just exist. So, drumroll... here it is...

1. Hike a trail with Luke.
2. Move to a bigger city.
3. Try a totally new hair color.
4. Try 3 new kinds of workouts.
5. Beach vacation.
6. Go snow skiing and tubing.
7. Record a CD.
8. Write more worship songs.
9. Finish my Master's degree.
10. Write a book of short stories from my childhood.
11. Acquire my sister-in-law's cookie recipe.
12. Move into a long-term career that I love... =music=worship.
13. Attend a Kari Jobe event.
14. Go zip lining.
15. Go skydiving.
16. Spend a whole day watching inspirational movies.
17. Take my dog to the movies.
18. Send a hand-written letter to someone expressing my love and appreciation for them.
19. Get a spontaneous mani-pedi.
20. Take a road trip with friends.
21. Go frog-giggin'.
22. Blog 3 times a week consistently.
23. Give something that I really, really love away because someone else needs it more.
24. Go on a Burris family trip.
25. Clean out childhood stuff at Mom and Dad's.
26. Spend an entire Saturday working on my dreams.
27. Make Mom's fudge.
28. Learn to play guitar decently.
29. Throw a spontaneous party.
30. Get a new colon. HA!


Well, there it is. Now that it is on paper as well as "published" for the world to see, it makes it quite scarily official... which is a good thing. I look at this list and I'm excited. And okay, the last one is a joke, so I guess I really only have 29 things to accomplish, but I sure wish there was a way to end all my colon/stomach issues. I do plan to keep praying about it :).

I'll be updating you as I cross things off my list. Stay tuned!
What would be on YOUR list?


--

Comments

  1. Hmmmm...no pressure on the cookie recipe there! :-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought of doing a sort of 'bucket list' before, but I like this much better. I am going to come up with my '40 before 40'. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts