What I've learned over the past year..

First of all, thanks to my friend Dana for suggesting this blog entry topic. :)

As we are quickly approaching fall (yayy!!), I've been thinking about what has transpired over the last year in my life. I loooove fall. I love everything that comes with it... I love the crisp smell outside. I love hayrides and campfires, changing leaves, and cooler temperatures. I love pumpkin candles and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I love that it means the holidays are soon approaching. And in it all I feel a new beginning of some sort, so for me, the fall represents a new year. Therefore, here's what I've learned since last fall...

1. Diligence is a MUST.

2. I can get along with middle-schoolers after all.

3. Being educated, qualified, and a decent person means nothing when it comes to getting a job.

4. Now that I live in the boonies again, I've realized I actually prefer the city... I love community!!

5. (Not to mention, I miss having a mall and fun restaurants closeby.)

6. Sometimes you have to make time to work on your dream on the side, when you're exhausted from your day job and only want to go to bed or sit and watch a movie. You gotta suck it up and work on your passions, knowing that someday you'll be living the dream God has for you... if you don't give up.

7. Faith and trust are a MUST.

8. A dog's anxious barking does not get better with time.

9. God wants us to pursue the passions He has placed in our hearts. Otherwise He wouldn't put them there.

10. A 4 hour drive is nothing when you get to go see your family whom you miss terribly.

11. God gives us new friends wherever we go.

12. I never tire of eating pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

13. While there is no bun in the oven just yet, I'm more and more excited to have kids.

14. I never tire of listening to Kari Jobe.

15. I still struggle with patience.

16. As I've developed several good friends who are in their 30's, it makes me look forward to my 30's.

17. Luke + me + Chicago = FUN FUN FUN


May God bless you abundantly this fall and remind you through the changing leaves that He remains constant and beautiful.

-

Comments

  1. thanks for the shout out, Jen! I love reading what you've learned over the last year. I need to write a new blog post too, so maybe I'll write with this topic in mind. love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite...#9
    So True...that's what I learned. :)
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts