trust

Our yorkie, Sawyer, has had worsened anxiety lately about being away from us. When either Luke or I leave the house, he goes ballistic. He barks, whines, and nips at our pant legs. We've been through this now for about two and a half years, since we got him. And it has only gotten worse. The other day I took him with me to visit some friends and while we were there, he was glued to me the entire time. He didn't leave my side, because he didn't want me to leave without him.

I was thinking about this the other day, and it kind of makes me sad. I know he's "just a dog," but he's typically very smart. After so long, how can he not realize that we will ALWAYS come back? Why does he not trust that we love him and will always want to be with him; that he is ours? And then it hit me.

I bet God feels the same way about us.

Have you ever doubted God? Have you ever not felt His presence and wondered if you would feel Him again? Have you ever gone through a desert in life and felt like He left you behind? Most of us can probably answer 'yes' to those questions. At one point or another, we become upset, even angry, with God because we feel deserted. And yet shouldn't we know that He is ALWAYS faithful? That we are His? We will have a wilderness at some point, and we may not feel Him, but He always reveals Himself in His perfect timing. I know it. You know it. So isn't it silly, isn't it crazy that we still doubt? I wonder if He looks at us with sadness, wishing we would just trust...

Oh, little Sawyer. If you only knew how much I love you.

--

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts