Thoughts from Sawyer


So Daddy keeps telling me I need to get a job, so lately I've been lookin' for jobs about as much as I look for feet to lick...

It's a tough thing - rejection. Just when I think I can't get any cuter and that anyone would drool at the chance to hire me, I get turned down. Sheesh. Is it because of what I wear to interviews? Do you know how hard it is to find a suit to fit a four-pound body with a mess of fur? Maybe my red All-Star jersey is too informal.... Oy.

My latest endeavor was Dairy Queen. I thought I had all the right qualifications to work there and they shot me down before I'd even finished the interview. I just don't get it. I was even extra polite and licked some spilled ice cream off the counter... Ughhh, so much for my dream job.

Before that it was a landscaping company. I figured this would be great because I love playing outside! But when they asked me if I was comfortable working with shrubbery and I responded with, "Yes, I love to potty on those!!", they frowned and asked me to leave.

And before that it was Disney World. I know, crazy, right? I sent them my picture on Mommy's computer, thinking they might like me to come play with and kiss all the kids who go there. I never heard back from them. And before that it was somewhere else, and so on...

I'm beginning to wonder if Mommy has something to do with it. I don't think she wants me to leave home. I think she likes me being here all the time. And truthfully, I don't want to go anywhere. I like being here. I don't want to be anywhere but sitting on the back of my couch in the sunshine, looking out the window for strange cars to pass by. I don't want to be anywhere other than snuggled between Mommy and Daddy at night. I thought that Daddy liked me being here all the time, too, but he keeps talking about me getting a job... You can't have it both ways, Daddy!!

Comments

Popular Posts