being still...

Went to bed tonight and soon realized I needed to get back up and be still... be still and listen to my heavenly Father. Luke and I are thinking and praying about some important decisions, and I am quite a naturally anxious person. I have been reminded in several ways today that I must be patient, trust God, and wait on Him.

I got out of bed, came into our living room, and knelt by the couch. After a few moments I looked up and my eyes met the scripture decal on our wall, Zephaniah 3:17. Obviously I have seen and read this many times now, but one portion of it washed over me tonight like never before...

He will quiet you with His love.

I smiled and closed my eyes, allowing myself to feel His embrace and warmth. I allowed Him to make me still, to quiet my mind and heart with His perfect, sustaining love. I realized that for a long time now I have tried to figure things out - to figure out what's next, what exactly I need to do, how I should make something happen in certain situations... to figure out how I need to get where I need to be. The peace of knowing that all I have to do is wait and trust washed over me tonight. The comfort of God's amazing love surrounded me - He loves me, His plans for me are for the good, and He is in control. He watches over every bird in the air.

He quieted me with His love tonight.

It just so happened (not be coincidence) that one of my homework assignments for grad classes today was to listen to Andy Stanley's sermon "When Opportunity Knocks." And it just so happened that I needed to hear this statement:

"God is capable of getting you where you need to be when you need to be there."

He is capable. Isn't that all I need to know?

I think it's time that I be quiet for awhile...

Comments

  1. If there was ever a time in my life that this truth was ringing loud and strong...it is NOW. This reminded me of an old song from White Heart (80s Christian band), called Quiet Love. Check it out when you get a minute...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNDnqFcJC3Y

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts