Fav Beauty Essentials for Summer!!

I don't know about you, but here in Mayfield yesterday it was in the upper 70's! Wooooo hooo! Nothin' like going from a week of pure rain to a sunny week that feels like summer! I am actually off work today and I might just perhaps venture out and lay out in the sunshine! We'll see. Lots to do today.

I wanted to make a fun post today with some of my fav beauty products (No one asked or paid me to promote these products, just fyi :)). As we are basically upon spring and approaching summer, I'm already thinking about the things of summer as I'm sure you are, too! Of course many of you know I love MK products as I've been a consultant for several years, but there are other brands I love, too, and therefore I have a few other favs, too. Anyway, I'll share with you a hodgepodge of basics that I adore, all of which you can find online...



First, every girl needs a bronzer/tanner, right? I cannot say enough what a difference this product makes! St. Tropez bronzing mousse - it's basically a temporary tanner/bronzer, I use it pretty much every day before I do makeup and it gives the most wonderful, natural looking glow and tan. I looove it! In the winter I use it on my face and decollete and in the summer I use it almost everywhere... It doesn't smell bad and does NOT break you out. It has aloe in it which softens the skin. AND it lasts FOREVER... I've a bottle for well over a year now!


Urban Decay eye primer potion in Sin (not too fond of the color name)... This is eye primer with a hint of a pinky-beige shimmer - can be worn underneath your regular eye shadow or alone... There are many days if I want to be fast that I wear this alone and it's the perfect natural but still glowing eye look! Doesn't crease. A must for summer!
Mineral powder bronzer from MK in Sandstone. (They have 3 other shades, too, some matte, some shimmery). I like the matte one best as I can use it all over my face for contouring and not have shimmer everywhere... But the shimmery ones are nice if you just want to use them on your cheeks.
MK Highlighting powder in Pink Porcelain and Pink Stardust.. LOVE the MK highlighters... Easy to use and create a subtle, beautiful glow. Pink Porcelain does not have quite as much shimmer as Stardust. I use them to highlight above cheekbones for the most part. GLOW baby GLOW!




Mac translucent powder in Silver Dusk... Oh my, I love this! It's another highlighting product (I am a highlighting freak), but it's a loose powder. It is very finely milled and creates the most beautiful pinky shimmer. I don't use it every day, but love to use it when I go out or for something more special. I have used it on brides and they love it. Mac also has a more bronzy shade for those with darker skin. You only use a teeny tiny amount each time, so it lasts forever.


Mac lipglass in Underage (haha maybe it just makes me feel young :)). I'm a big fan of a nude pinky mouth. I use this on top of lipstick to create a gorg pinky girly lip. It's more of a layering gloss as it is a very light color. I love the texture of Mac's glosses and the way they feel and last.



...And of course, we'll want to be freshly painted for the summer! :) I haven't actually gotten to use these yet, but I am ordering them soon and cannot wait to try! - MK nail polish new colors Coral Stone and Pink Sand. I am especially excited about Pink Sand. It looks like the perfect light pink shade - good for toes or nails... I CAN tell you that MK has great quality polish - stays put, looks good... And they have a base/top coat as well.

Well, there ya go! Hope you enjoyed and maybe even found something useful! Next post will be "deeper," but just felt like doing a fun one - for all you girly gals out there! ;)

Blessings,
jenn

Comments

Popular Posts