I'll be honest, it was a bit of a crummy day. It's amazing how you can have a great day and be so excited about something and then the very next day, boom, a 180 difference...

Satan HATES for us to have joy or feel happy. He lurks in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to snatch it away. He tries to sneak in at a vulnerable moment and throw all our fears and insecurities in our face.

I won't bore you with details. Instead, here are some of the lyrics to one of my favorite Lifehouse songs (it's on my playlist, actually) that I draw comfort from. I don't really know whether they were singing about God or a person, but I choose to think about God.
After all, He's the only place I find healing...

I'm falling apart
I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart
That's still beating
In the pain
There is healing
In Your name
I find meaning

So I'm holding on
I'm holding on
I'm barely holding on to You

I'm hanging on another day
Just to see what You throw my way
And I'm hanging on to the words You say
You said that I will be okay

In the pain
There is healing
In Your name
I find meaning
So I'm holding on

Comments

Popular Posts