Ahhh...cozy


My favorite time of year - FALL! I would say Autumn to be eloquent, but let's face it, who calls it that?

...The crisp, refreshing air, the leaves beginning to change, hot chocolate, cider, the atmosphere transforming from summer ball games to hayrides and campfires... Ahhh... campfires!! And while I do have a love for tanks and flip-flops, it feels sooo good to get out sweaters and boots! = pure COZINESS. Sweaters and sweatshirts are much ... snugglier :). Then there's the excitement of the approaching holidays, which bring tons of good food and quality time with family.

Fall also brings back sweet memories for me. It was in the fall of 2005 that I began a very special friendship with a fellow named Luke. We soon became the best of friends and it was that November he asked me to be his girlfriend... (sigh :)) Thus began a lifelong journey with the love of my life. One of our favorite memories from that fall was UK's annual BSU/BCM hayride, which included worshiping around the campfire and of course, hot dogs and s'mores. It was a perfect evening, especially when someone very special is holding your hand. :)


Back to the present, as we enter into this magical time of year, we are anxiously awaiting when we can be together in our new home - YES, WE FOUND A HOUSE! We are just waiting to close, which may take another month (patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue...). It's a perfect house for us. It's just what we need and nothing extravagant, yet with the potential of being a very warm, inviting HOME. I can't wait to post pics! I plan on doing some before and after photos as we will be doing lots of painting and redecorating (hopefully with my talented sis-in-law's help!). The couple who owned it before liked fiesta colors, so every room is a different color (and very bright I might add, haha). There is not much landscaping as of now other than a few shrubs and I plan to venture out into planting flowers and who knows what in the spring, which will be a new adventure for me. It has a nice front and back yard with a couple shade trees in the front. Behind and to the right of the house is someone's farm, so we have a neighbor on only one side. Anyway, I could go on, but I'll save more details for pics later! As I said, we are anxious to move and be together and settled as right now we are still going back and forth and are apart much of the time. It'll all be worth it in the end when we are settled into our new home, snuggling up on the couch with Sawyer, watching Polar Express (one of Luke's fav Christmas movies :)), the scent of cinnamon candles lingering...

~ Jenn

Comments

  1. Awesome blog, it made me a little teary-eyed. Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on purchasing your home! Miss you guys! Can't wait to see pics:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts