Adventures of Sawyer

Ok, I'll get right to the point. Baths are not my favorite thing. But I've just learned to deal with it. I know they have to happen regardless of how much I whine about it or give my cutest, most pitiful "Help! Please save me!" puppy eyes. So I've learned to not fight it and just be still and let them get it over with. The more I cooperate, the faster it goes. Mommy and Daddy think I'm just being a "good boy," but little do they know my teeth are clenched in frustration the whole time. In fact one of these days I might just pounce when they least expect it and get them all wet! How would you like THAT, Mommy and Daddy?!!

It's not just being sopping wet that I loathe, but I DON'T LIKE TO BE COLD! The second I become soaked I am shivering non-stop. Don't they care about my shivers? Don't they hear my little whimpers? I am but just a wee little not even four-pound furball!

The only moment I halfway enjoy is when Mommy wraps me up in the big fluffy towel and holds me close to her. Ahhh... warm... cozy... in Mommy's arms... But then.. wait! WAIT! WAAAAIIIIIIT!!!! Not the scary, loud thing that blows air into my face!! Ugghhh, how annoying!... Oh wait, but that's warm... ahhh... And the other weird little fuzzy thing that Mommy brushes me with... Hmmm well that kind of feels nice on my belly... Yeah, I could get used to that...

Now we're finished and I am free to run around like mad. I shake my fur as hard as I can to get it back to normal. I run around like I am in a race, stopping to roll around on anything that looks halfway soft or fluffy, making sure I am completely dry. I get so exhausted racing around after baths! Arrggghhh!!... Oh, but now I don't feel so bad... yeah, actually, wait, it feels kind of nice... I am soft and clean, and I don't smell old food on my beard anymore... and the crusty stuff under my eyes is gone....

What can I say? Bath time is a love-hate relationship...


love & happiness,
sawyer






Comments

Popular Posts