Travel, travel...

In West KY again for the weekend, planning to head back to Lex-town tomorrow evening.

Highlights so far:
~ Holding our new niece, Lucy, for the first time! - I fed her, burped her, and held her for awhile... she is PRECIOUS! Makes me look forward to having my own someday :)
~ Riding on my father-in-law's ranger with Luke this evening right at sunset... We rode out on several back roads by some beautiful farms and land. Could've done it for hours.
~ Attending Super Saturday today at Lone Oak Baptist in Paducah where we attended classes on becoming better teachers/leaders. My favorite class was about women's ministry and how to reach today's women in a culturally relevant way.

NOT highlights:
~ Missing my sweet Sawyer so much. It's hard to even sleep without him. I miss the pitter-patter of his tiny paws, his playful growl when he wants to play, and the way he sits in my lap when he's being "protective." If it is this hard to leave him for three days, I can't imagine what it will be like to be away from my children!
~ House-hunting... can we say frustrating?! We looked at a house we previously looked at a couple weeks ago, but still aren't sure. Just so many uncertainties, such an important decision... We're looking at another one tomorrow afternoon and hoping and praying it might be the one. Feels like we've looked EVERYWHERE!

Hopefully next post I'll have some deeper thoughts... for now I'm a bit tired and need to get to bed and be fresh for morning. I'm singing at Community Fellowship, the church where Luke is already attending here and where we'll attend together once I am permanently here! Looking forward to worshiping and sharing Jesus through music to the people there.
Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts